With football season and beautiful fall weather here, it's time to start thinking about throwing a good tailgating party. Even if you are not into sports, it is still a lot of fun to hang out, meet lots of new people, and enjoy delicious food and drinks while spending time outside. What's not to love about that? Here are a few ways to make a touchdown on your own tailgate party:
Tips for Having a Great Tailgate Party
- Check the rules for your venue: It's good to know ahead of time what your venue allows. For example, is alcohol allowed, how early can you arrive, what kind of containers can you use, etc?
- Plan your menu: Think of foods that grill easily and bring plenty of snacks. Frozen water and juice bottles double as ice packs and then you can drink them later when they defrost.
- Prepare as much as you can before you arrive: Cook anything ahead of time, then you don't have to spend as much time grilling. Make a list of food and supplies and have it prepped and packaged the night before.
- Arrive early: There is nothing worse than going through all the trouble of preparing for a tailgate party and then not finding a parking spot, or at least a convenient one. Bring some distinctive helium balloons and attach them to your car so your friends can find you.
- Keep hot foods warm and cold foods chilled: Whether it's an ice chest, a thermos, or trays that can be heated, it's important to keep food and drinks at the right temperatures, especially for an all-day event. Make sure to bring separate coolers for alcoholic drinks, non-alcoholic drinks, and for chilled foods. Label each cooler, so guests know where to find what they are looking for.
- Make friends: One of the best parts of the tailgate experience is the camaraderie and fun that occurs. Share a dish with a neighbor, invite them to play a game, or just make some small conversation. Keep everything friendly and you will have a great time.
When the party is over, it's always great to have a nice place to hang out. Creekside at Legacy apartments in Plano are a great place to call home with luxury amenities and world-class living. Give us a call today to find out which floor plans are available.