Do you make the same salad at Thanksgiving every year, or do you long for a different take on the same boring salad that your relatives make every year? If you are looking for some Thanksgiving salad inspiration, here are some new twists on salad to spice up your Thanksgiving Dinner. Warning — they might become a new tradition.
New Salad Ideas for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Roasted tomatoes and feta cheese salad: The long roasting time really brings out the naturally complex flavors of tomatoes. Mix baby tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for one hour. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, mix and cool. Crumble feta, and toss with tomato and its juices. Top with shredded basil leaves.
- Melon, peach and mozzarella salad: Toss together thinly sliced honeydew melon, peach slivers, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Let soak for 5 minutes. Stir in basil, marjoram and fresh mozzarella. Place salad on plates and top with prosciutto slices.
- Greek chopped salad: Combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano and salt to make a dressing. Dice fresh cucumber, red onion, red bell pepper and tomatoes. Combine diced vegetables with garbanzo beans in a bowl. Add dressing and serve. This salad can be made ahead of time and chilled, allowing for the flavors to soak in.
- Lemon arugula salad: Sometimes, simple is the best, especially when there are so many other complex dishes to be enjoyed. Place arugula in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive, grate black pepper and parmesan into salad, and mix together. Enjoy the delicious flavors that will whet your Thanksgiving appetite.
- Rainbow fruit salad: Sometimes, it's all about the fruit when it comes to making healthy, delicious and colorful salads. Cut up pineapple, mango, peach, nectarine and strawberries. Add fresh blueberries and mix. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Make dressing by combining honey, orange zest, lime zest, and a small amount of orange juice and lime juice. Pour over fruit when ready to serve and top with chopped or slivered mint leaves.
At Creekside at Legacy Apartments in Plano, Texas, there are so many great places to enjoy salad any time of the year. Whether you are grilling in one of our outdoor grills, enjoying a salad beside one of our pools, or preparing it in your gourmet kitchen, there are as many ways to make salads as there are places to eat it. Contact us today to learn more about our luxury amenities and available floor plans.