There it sits — that half bottle of wine that someone opened at the end of your party. Of course, the last thing you want to do is pour it down the drain, but you're also not in the mood for another drink. So what can you do to ensure that a good wine doesn't go to waste? How about using up your extra vino in one of these recipes:
It's likely that in addition to wine, you'll also have some leftover cheese after your party. If so, try preparing this cheese dish.
1 pound of leftover cheeses, such as Brie or goat cheese (room temperature)
2 cloves garlic, chopped roughly
1/2 cup dry white wine
- Remove the rind, if any, from the cheeses
- Cut cheeses in small pieces
- Add cheeses, wine and garlic into a food processor and mix until smooth and creamy
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers or on a baguette
Honey Glazed Carrots
Use your leftover white wine to create this light side dish.
5 medium carrots, cut in half lengthwise, then into 2-inch pieces
2 cups water
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of dry white wine
- Add carrots and olive oil to a skillet
- Pour in the water to cover the carrots
- Cook the carrots over medium heat until the water is evaporated and your carrots are tender (approximately 15 minutes)
- Continue cooking until carrots are a light golden brown, stirring and tossing often (approximately 2 minutes)
- Add the honey and wine to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, stir and scrape up the browned bits to glaze the carrots
- Sprinkle with the cilantro
If you're someone who enjoys a nice glass of wine and the finer things in life, then we believe you'll also love living at our apartments in Plano, TX. Our community boasts a number of upscale amenities, including two salt-water pools, an upgraded cardio theater, and a fitness center. Interested in seeing one of our pet-friendly apartments? Then please contact us, so you can take a tour of our community and find the right apartment for your needs.